Taken Advil for pain in side. Suggested muscle pull. Thoughts?

My son gave me a bear hug a couple of weeks ago and while he was hugging me I had to stop him because it hurt. Later that night I was uncomfortable on my left side so took it easy and took an Advil to relieve the pain. The following week it did not bother me so did not think alot about it until I went in for an adjustment at the chiropractor. When he did the adjustment on the left side I heard something and right after that I have had pain that shoots from the side through my left breast. Could it be cracked or just bruised? Chiropractor figures that maybe I might have pulled a muscle around the rib. Thoughts?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013