Take pain pill oxycodine. Using heating pad at night for lower back pain. Continue the pills? Recommendations

I am into my 2nd week at home. I have been on medication for the pain every 4 hours and exactly when my four hours are up I have to take my pain pill otherwise my pain gets really bad still. I am concern about taking this medication as it is oxycodine and it is strong. I have tried to take tylenol before the 4 hours are up so that I could
slowly get off it but the tylenol does not do a thing. Another question is that I starting using a heating pad at night
for my lower back pain and today I used the heating pad right abouve my incision and the pain seems to have gotten worst with the heating pad. Is it recommended to use the heating pad? I have read some articles that state yes and yet others state no. What is your advise? and also for the medication should I just continue to use every 4 hours still? should this pain be getting less or is this normal after a hysterictomy to still need the medication every 4 hours on the hour? I am concern.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013