Take Ortho tri-cyclen to postpone periods? Possible side effects?

I have been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for 7 years and have always followed the 28 day cycle. I just realized that my period is due during my long- awaited, but poorly planned island vacation and would like to avoid the mess of menstruation on vacation if at all possible. I know monophasic pills are ok to take for 42 days straight and then allow a week for menstruation (I did it for my honeymoon long ago), but what about triphasic pills like Ortho Tri-Cyclen? If is is safe, what are possible side effects? Thanks for your help!
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013