Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
Pain in the tail bone (coccydynia
) and blood in urine (hematuria
) are not interrelated and are due to different pathologies.
A detailed investigation is necessary to establish the cause for hematuria.
The treatment for coccydynia is as follows -
* Sit completely upright with proper posture — keeping your back firmly against the chair, knees level with your hips, feet flat on the floor and shoulders relaxed
* Sitz baths (which involves soaking hips and buttocks)
* Lean forward while sitting down
* Sit on a doughnut-shaped pillow or wedge (V-shaped) cushion
* Apply heat or ice to the affected area
involving strengthening of pelvic area muscles , stimulation with ultrasound
* Take over-the-counter pain relievers, such as acetaminophen
(Tylenol), ibuprofen (Advil)
Hope this information is helpful. Good day