Tailbone hurts while passing stools, mouth ulcers, naval stiffness, mild pain in the pelvic bone,urine,stool tests normal. What should I do?

my talbone hurts after a hard heavy stool pass out. I have med reaction three months back and all these happen constipation , gas, hardness of stomach, pull sensation from navel after this hard stool my gas kind of lessen but my tail and spine bone is hurting so much it all from from my virginal bone to tailbone. May someone advice me what i should do.? Right now i am fine with my stool, but my mouth end up with alot of mouth ulcer on and off from last one months. Below my navel from still full stiffness once in a while and a mild pain in Pelvic publc bone. Well, i had urine and stool test all come normal and a xray from navel
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query
Based on your description this injury is called coccygodynia. My advice for you would be-
1. Sitz’s bath- sit in the tub filled with lukewarm water for 10-15 minutes two times daily.
2. Avoid sitting on hard surface and try to sit on one buttock. Avoid jerky rides and take rest.
3. Medication wise you may take Ibuprofen for few days.
It usually takes 2-3 week time to heal. If the problem persists see your local doctor.
Take care and wish you good health.
Dr.chugh Orthopaedic surgeon