TSH, taken thyronorm, extremely hungry, put on weight, overactive, sleep reduced. How to lose weight?

I am taking thyronorm since June 2011. Started with TSH was 10. Started with 50 . My doctor increased the dose to 75. Then after blood test in October TSH was 2.77 but weight increased by 1 kg. My doctor increased dosage to 1 mcg and said TSH SHOULD BE LESS THAN 1. Took 1 mcg for 4 months but felt extremely hungry and put on 5 kgs. Havent checked THS yet but want to loose weight. High dose of 1 mcg also made me overactive and my sleep also reduced. My doctor says 1 mcg has to be maintained. I an confused. Please guide me.
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012