TSH levels reduced after taking thryoxine sodium tablets. Should I continue? Any side effects?

22.03.2013- I am 49 years old female. My TSH results are as under: 21.12.2011.....2.78 uiu/ml 11.03.2013.....2.15 uiu/ml In Dec 2011 I had taken 25 mcg thyroxine sodium tablets IP (Altroxine) for 4-5 months. Now at present the level is 2.15 UIU/ML. Is it necessary to restart the medicine i.e 25 mcg thyroxine sodium tablets IP (Altroxine) ? If restarted, will it to be continued through out my whole life? If I do not continue it what will be the implications ?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013