TMJ erruption, talking aleve, swollen neck. Should i be concerned about carotid artery?

I seem to have a TMJ erruption, since, Wednesday. I ve been talking Aleve two twice aday It seems a little better, but ,I notice a swelling on the left side of my up neck like a bulge right below the ear area. Is that the coratid artery do I need to be concerned right now? Can I wait to see a dentist or Dr. Monday? It s making me very anxious Thx for your help I just took two Aleve.Myabe, I need to put warm compress. Do you think it s something with the heart? I m 65 years old. overweight.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Mar 2012