TLIF surgery done, severe pain in left hip, high fever. MRI done, shows infective aetiology, extensive myositis, abcess formation in multiple levels. Treatment?

my dad had GONE THROUGH a TLIF surgery before 3 months.we got him operated with the renowned Dr.XXXXXX. now after 3 months he is having severe pain in the left hip-the place he was operated i.e in L4 L5 L6 and due to this he was having high fever since 20 days.we again went to Dr.XXXX and we had a MRI CONTRAST which is reporting as MR findings are in favour of infective aetiology and extensive myositis of bilateral paraspinal muscles from L2 to S2 lecels with changes of osteomyelitis in posterior elements of L2,L3,L4,L5 vertebral bodies as described above with focal areas of abscess formation at mutliple levels,more on left side in intramuscular location. and further no evidence of intraspinal epidural abscess formation or lumbar arachnoiditis . ADV:-PLEASE CORRELATE CLINICALLY WITH OTHER INVESTIGATION WITH FOLLOW UP MRI.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012