Systemic lupus erythematosus, urinary tract infection, Nitrofurantoin, back pain

Hi. I am a 33 yr old female with SLE . I have recurrent infections because of it, particularly UTI s. The normal organism that infects my urinary tract is resistant to all but two antibitics (one of which i have been taking prophylatically). I ve had the signs of a uti/kidney infection- and have been taking and just completed a course of nitrofurantoin (the other antibiotic that s not resistant). However, i have continued to have a mild temperature, and now that the course is finished, my pain is getting worse. I rang for my urine test results just now and was told that there was pus found but no growth. Any ideas as to what s going on? My back pain is really hurting...Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012