Syncopal episodes before and during periods, born with VSD, premature. Normal echo, closed VSD. Treatment?

Hello Doctor
My question is regarding my 14yo daughter that keeps having syncopal episodes right before and during her period. It has been happening now for a couple of years. She stays well hydrated all the time, a big water drinker. She is active, plays softball. She has pretty bad cramping with her periods, not every month but often. She was born with a VSD and was a preemie. I have taken her to the cardiologist for her follow ups as advised and in 2012 she had one of these episodes so I scheduled with him and he did an echo and said VSD has closed and her heart was fine. I have made a chart with her menses, syncopal episodes, and her activity level at the time. I guess my question is...Is this common and what should I do to try and correct this problem.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013