Symptoms of mono didn't last long though tested positive. How long will it be contagious ?

I was tested positive for mono about a month ago but my symptoms (swollen lymph nodes, sore throat , fatigue ) only lasted for about a week. I know every case is different but I don t feel like I have it anymore. The doctor told me I shouldn t participate in any rigorous activity but he didn t tell me for how long I should stay inactive. I want to make sure I don t rupture my spleen . He also didn t tell me how long I will be contagious for. I just want to make sure I don t give this to my roommates.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012