Swooshing sound in ear. Taking medication for high BP, stopped due to allergic reaction. Treatment?

Hi im 36 years old female and overweight . I do not drink or smoke . I do have high blood pressure but stopped taking the meds because I was having an allergic reaction to them. A few months back I would hear a slight noise and I thought it was my neighbors. Now I hear a swooshing sound in my left ear all day and mostly at night. Could this be because I am not taking the meds and if its pulsating tinnitus will getting back on a bp med make the noise stop?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013