Swollen wrist after IV. Have painful lump. What is it?

I had an iv in my hand about 3 weeks ago and the meds I was getting in it burned and hurt a lot but they said it s normal for that to happen with those meds. My wrist did get swollen but went down a lot after going home. But I ve notice that the same vain I had the iv in is still very sore and now looks bigger in size. Its not in the exact area where my iv was its lower where I bend my wrist and its very sore. I notice today that it feels like I have a lump in my vain where it hurts a lot. What is it? Will it go away?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
hi...thanx for asking suggestions.The condition is called thrombophlebitis which is common after iv injections.Just apply ice over affected areas and thrombophleb ointement twice daily which will help to reduce over oedema.This will cure your problem.thnx