Swollen upper left ribs, weght loss. Should be concerned?

Hi! My upper left ribs is swollen. (area above my chest, in the heart area) but it doesn't hurt. At first I thought it has something to do with my chest but when I went to a doctor, she said it's the rib bone and has nothing to do with the chest. My last arm injury was like 10 or 11 years ago. But these past few months, I have lost 20 lbs.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

It is concerning with your weight loss and painless but swollen upper left ribs. I suggest that you go to a surgeon who can do a thorough check up and make sure that he / she rules out any malignant (cancerous) condition. I hope you take this seriously and visit with your doctor as soon as you can.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day !