Swollen tonsils with dark red veins, viral infection, stuffy nose

my daughter is 11 1/2 and she has swollen tonsils with dark red veins on them. no white spots although there where some the day before I took her to the DR. (about a week ago) when she went in the where no white spots just swollen. the DR. said probably virus infection. since then the swelling has gotten worse and now she has a stuffy nose other then that no other symptoms. no pain, no fever. any idea what this might be? rapid strep test was negative and they also tested for mono also negative
Asked On : Tue, 10 Apr 2012