Swollen tonsils, severe headache, achy ears, neck pain after flu. Reason for these symptoms?

Hi there. Since having the flu last month, I have been having a combination of all or one at any given time of; swollen tonsils, severe headache, and achy ears. My neck has also started hurting, but I think this may be residual tension from the headaches themselves. No matter if I have the headache, ear ache, or both, my tonsils have been swollen the entire time. Taking a look with a flashlight at my throat revealed at first, just a dark red streak almost like a crack in the right tonsil, and then after two days, small bumps with a white looking appearance to them, but not all the way white. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013