Swollen tonsils, excessive salivation. On antibiotics for tonsillitis. How to treat frequent tonsillitis?

I have had tonsillitis for 7 days now, my tonsils are so swollen and covered in bacteria that I haven t eaten a proper meal or drunk a proper drink since and the anti biotic s have not helped me at all, I am also having a problem with excess saliva , to the point where i will wake up on a morning with a soaking wet pillow. I have been back to my doctors and they gave me some new anti biotic s however these made me so nauseous i had to stop taking them and she has not given me anything else in place. Painkillers don t help much and i struggle to even sleep. This is also the 6th/7th time this year I have had tonsillitis. Is there any advice you can give me?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012