Swollen tongue with numbness at tip, blotchy inner lips. Do not have change in routine. Cause?

My daughter is 23 and has been in Israel for 2months- she had an episode yesterday that caused her tongue to swell up and the insides of her lips to get blotchy. It was very scary and today she says the tip of her tongue is numb and the lips are still looking blotchy. She went to a doctor and he wrote a script for tests but they will run 1500 and the results will take 2 weeks. She is due home in 3 weeks. It sounds like allergy to me but she said she did not eat anything unusual. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012