Swollen tongue, sore throat, cough at night. On antibiotics. Is this an allergy?

i had a sore throat 7 days ago, 3 days into it with a swollen tongue. day fine no cough. just sore throat. at night kept me up hacking sore throat hard to swallow. I called doctors today told them i had a swollen tongue and it hurts and about me still hacking at night. they called in antibotics. I had to take bendryl twice today to get tongue to stop hurting and swollen so i can talk and swallow. i also have bumps on the back of my throat now which i told the doctor about. the doctor said, i think your allergic to the medicine is why you have a swollen tongue. However I onl took the idprophen and day quil like always. dont know if im allergic to something in the house all a sudden or if this is something more serious. I just wish i could stop hacking and go to sleep. at a loss, need to switch doctors but it will take days for my insurance card with the new doctors name to get here.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013