Swollen tongue. Pierced 2 yrs ago, allergic to silver, silver ball on the underside, no pus. Medicine ?

hi i have had my tounge perced for about 2 years now and i am really very cleen with it but im elergic to silver and i think i had a silver ball on the under side of my toung it has swolen alot and is quite sore no puss no funny coulers just swelling and sore its to late to go to the docters what can i do to take the swelling down tonight so the balls dont get stuck inside my tounge thankyou so much AAAAA
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello. it is likely that the swelling is due to an infection rather than an allergy because you had the piercing done 2 years back. please take the piercing out and rinse your mouth with hexidine mouth wash, the swelling will subside will in a few days. thanks