Swollen toe, difficult to walk. Taken antibiotics. Normal?

Hi about 6-8 weeks ago I stood on something unsure what it was maybe plastic my toe swelled and became hard to walk on so eventually I got anti biotics. I tried to lance my toe with a sterilised pin before I visited d doc and my toe got better but is still slightly tender with a small bruise like bump in d area I lanced it. Is this normal ? I m very worried should I visit my doc I m scared
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Swelling over your toe seems to be due to infection.

So I advice you not to treat it by yourself. Consult a doctor nearby for thorough examination, investigation and treatment plan according to that.

Meanwhile give rest to the toe, avoid putting weight over it. You can take anti-inflammatory drug like mortin to reduce pain and inflammation.

Wishing you good health
Dr Saurabh Gupta