Swollen throat with white gunk, painful swallowing, blocked airway between nose and throat, awful smelling cough lump with blood. What do symptoms indicate?

Hi, Ive been a little under the weather with what I think was strep throat . My throat was swollen with white gunk all over and I was getting hot and cold moments, I was finding it very painful to swallow . Ive been getting better slowly as expected but the airway between my nose and throat felt dry and blocked, and I was starting to smell this horrible odor , coming from my mouth. I coughed up this lump, I felt it come from where I was feeling blocked up and I did feel better after but the lump was thick and had blood at the centre, it also seems to be the source of the horrible smell. I just wanted to know if this is fallout from the throat infection ive had or if there is something else going on, if its normal. The smell is still there a little but I have tried to bring up more and I cant get anything else out and my airway feels clear. I dont know how I can clear it out and im worried someone else would be able to smell it.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012