Swollen throat, pus in tonsils. Diagnosed with mono infection. No responding to choleraseptic spray and tylenol. Solution?

I was diagnosed with mono yesterday (after my preliminary strep test came back negative 3 days prior). I have an extremely swollen throat and there is so much pus on my tonsils that it s hard to even see them. I ve tried chloraseptic spray, Tylenol , salt water and throat drops to help with the pain, but nothing seems to work. Do you have any suggestions? I have another doc. appointment tomorrow.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013