Swollen throat on right side, terrible taste in mouth, blood tinged liquid puss. Strep test negative. Antibiotics required ?

My throat is swollen on the right side, about 15 days ago my dr did a strep test that came back negative. I took an antibiotic 2x a day for 10 days. My throat is even more sore now and I just had a terrible taste in my mouth so I went to look in the mirror and there was blood tinged liquid puss, a lot more came out when I pushed on it with my finger . How long should I wait to see if it is a virus and runs it course or if I really need an antibiotic.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013