Swollen throat, ear congestion, Painful to swallow. Taking Zyrtec. How to cure this irritation?

I have a very swollen throat/glads and congestion in my ears (popping). It s painful to even swallow salvia at this point. I know this is a result of my deviated septum and allergy issues, I m just wondering if you have any suggestions on how to bring down the irritation. I m currently taking Zyrtec d and I ve been drinking a lot of hot tea but that s really all I ve done so far. When I woke up this morning it was even harder to swallow than yesterday.
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012