Swollen throat and jaw, painful to swallow, white spots on roof of mouth, taking antibiotics

I am having horrible mouth pain. My jaw and throat are swollen, swallowing is hard and painful. After looking into my mouth, I can see white spots on the roof and gums near the back. I should mention that I do have my top two wisdom teeth - they came in about a year and a half ago, but have not had problems. However, this pain is similar to that of what I felt when they were coming in. I have been taking antibiotics , but nothing is helping. I should mention this all started the same day I started getting flu symptoms . My doctor s don t seem concerned, but they haven t even bothered to look in my mouth and this is getting more and more painful. What could it be?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012