Swollen thread like structure on shaft of penis. Is it due to sex?

I have some swollen whitish thread-like irregular structure on the shaft of my penis ( almost at the middle of the shaft towards the left ). It is painless & can be shifted here & there just under the skin very easily. It becomes prominent whenever I m aroused & my penis is erect. It appeared in April, & disappeared by itself. It has now appeared again a couple of days back. I have had a steady girl friend, and we used to have regular sex for almost 2 years; the problem never occurred then. Since March this year, we haven t been able to meet because our marriage is being opposed by her family. So, for last few months my frequency of masturbation has increased. What is this problem ? What is its cause ? What should I do to prevent it from reoccurring ? Should I have sex & stop masturbation to prevent this problem ? Or will this problem reoccur if I have sex ? I don t want to be disloyal to my girl friend. We love each other, & plan to marry as things settle down in her family. Please help & guide. Your valuable advice shall be heartily appreciated. Amit Sharma
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have a dilated vein on dorsal side of penis which becomes prominent on erection.

There is nothing to worry about it and there is no obvious reason for it to develop.
and no treatment is required

It is not going to affect your sexual potency and it will fade away spontaneously.

Dr.Patil.