Swollen tendon above clavicle, bone spur, stiffness in neck, stained muscle

i have a swollen tendon feeling in my scm muscle above clavicle . My GP felt of it and didnt think it was a lymph node . He ordered and x-ray and a follow up ct scan . Both came back normal. It showed a bone spur and maybe a shorter clavicle on one side but no masses or swollen lymph nodes. Obviously I was concerned about cancer. But when I feel this area on the left side it feels like a swollen tendon as it feels like it it connected to a rope going up my neck. My neck on the left side is stiff and I am always stretching it. This tightness has been going on for 6 months. I am on computer and cell phone alot and doc thinks that something is strained. If the ct scan showed no abnormalities and I am having no other symptoms can I with a reasonable amount of certainty rule out a life thereatening disease and if so do you have any other thoughts about what is causing this. Also my right side in same location i can also feel muscle and this tendon but it is not as prominent.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012