Swollen, tender, stuck up joint of ring finger. Histroy of cut and bleeding. Advice

Hi ! I'm concerned about my ring finger. About 2 months ago I cut it while cooking. It bled a lot but I figured it would heal ok. Now the joint is very swollen and I can't get my ring on. It's tender to touch and sticks up a little at the middle joint. What could've caused it and will it heal on its own and go back to normal?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Welcome at HCM.

I have read complete details of your question.

It looks from your details that you had injury of your finger about 2 months ago & now you are having problem at your finger joint.It looks that you have not taken care of your finger properly.

Looking at your details there can be infection at your finger joint,there can also be ruptured tendon at finger.

This should be checked by your orthopedic doctor.

At present it needs proper evaluation & a good physiotherapy.

Hope this will help you.

With best wishes.