Swollen, tender gland from middle of ear to throat. Pain while eating. Serious?

Hi. I am a sixty one year old male and the left side of my face has swollen. It is very tender to touch. I believe it is my parodid gland as ot extends from about my the middle of my ear into my throat area. I can swallow but eating was a bit painful. Should I both E.R. With this or should I wait for a walk in clinic to open tomorrow ?
Now that you got me to the pay screen how do I know you are actually a doctor! Go -------diagnose yourself
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013