Swollen stomach with pain. On morphine. Any other treatment options?

hello, my grandma is in hospital and has been for 2 weeks. She has been on a drip for most of this time as has not been able to keep down any food and they say her stomach /gut is very swollen and she is in pain. They surgeon said he cant do anything about this so they want to take her off the drip and then follow with morphin I guess and watch her die. Is there really no cure for this as she is talking and it doesnt seem right to allow this to happen so easily.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013