Swollen, sore eyes, hard ball on the eyelid tip. Cause and cure?

Hi about couple months ago around ending febuary I woke up with a really sore eye. I was traveling heading back home when I woke the next morning my eye had become really swollen and red it remained like that for the rest of the week. Well after the swelling went away my eye developed a hard round ball on the tip of my eye lid. It doesn t really bother me unless I push down on it, I have been waiting for it to go away but it s still there. Is this a problem? What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012