Swollen scrotum, itchy rashes in groin. Took antibiotic. Tested negative for STD. Worrisome

My brother-in-law has an issue with his groin/ scrotum area. His current symptoms are: rash like symptoms, itchy, swollen scrotum, semi- dry skin , and leakage of fluid from the skin (assuming it may be semen). He is not experiencing any pain. Medication taken thus far: Benadryl and prescribed antibiotics (approximately 2 weeks ago) He tested negative for STDs and has not been sexually active for 10 months. I told him to go to the emergency room. In the mean time, what may his medical issue be and is there any temporary remedies to relieve the itchiness?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013