Swollen right wrist, raised vein, tingling sensation. Histroy of attatching IV to that vein. Visit to doctor needed?

My right wrist is swollen, and the vein (I think it is the radial artery) is raised quite a bit. Prior to this, about three weeks ago, I was carrying my 22 lb. granddaughter and felt tingling in the same area. Last week, I had a colonoscopy and the anesthesiologist tried to attach the IV to that vein and now it is bruised. Should I see a doctor? Email: YYYY@YYYY If I should see a doctor, what type of doctor? Also, please answer only if free of charge. Many thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013