Swollen right hand, fingers, stiff left hand. Diagnosed with Carpal tunnel syndrome. Taken Naproxyn. Treatment?

My husband is 55, healthy and a construction worker, he has had hip replacement 8 yrs ago, but relatively thats all. lately his right hand mostly has been swollen in the morning fingers as well and he can t grip anything, it eases during the day as he moves it, but starts again at night. his other hand is stiff as well. he was diagnosed with mild capral Tun. syn yrs ago in both hands , however, I m thinking arthritis , I m calling a dr monday for appt. he took a naproxyn today and it seemed to help the pain but he can t wear any ring on his right hand. ??? any thoughts. no heart disease , no high blood pressure weight 160 normal for 5 8 . ps, he has had asthma for 25 yrs, and akes thophylline one pill a day and advair 2 times a day. thx
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012