Swollen, reddish, puffy patches across knuckles on hands. Worked at BP refinery. Suggestions

My husband Chris (sittng here with me) has had swollen reddish (black and blue too) puffy patch across the knuckle on both hads, sometimes the redness radiates to wrist and fingers. He has been in for biopsy which was inconclusive today. He worked at BP Refinery for six months recently and did wear latex gloves occassionally on the job, but job is over two weeks now, reddness still there. This has been going on for at least 4 years, on and off, sometimes much more than others. Skin doc is looking at blookwork now, thinks a systemic thing maybe. We're concerned. Can you help?

Thank you.
Terry and Chris
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013