Swollen puffy knees down to ankle. Left calf muscle tight, extreme pain, couldn't move. Felt spasm in calf muscle. Cause for sudden calf pain?

I have been studying consistently for about three days straight day and night. From my knees down to my ankles, that area of my legs are swollen. I have swollen puffy ankles. This morning after sitting for several hours, I got up and the muscle in my left calf suddenly tightened. I was in extreme pain, couldn t move for a minute or so, when I was able to limp in the library, I eventually was able to stretch the muscle and walk around but the pain was sudden and it jolted me. I literally felt the spasm in my calf muscle . Legs elevated now, but they were elevated when I had the attack of sudden pain in my calf. What s wrong? Sudden calf pain, swollen legs and ankles after studying day and night?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012