Swollen parotid gland, cheek pain, unable to open mouth. Operation scheduled. Mumps symptoms?

2 weeks ago I was on antibiotics as I had a swollen gland and had blister like pain in my cheek and couldn t open my mouth. The GP gave me antibiotics and said I had an infected parotid gland . It is now 2 weeks since I finished the course and now I am getting the early stages of the same pain but at the other side of the cheek, as I physically feel fine could this just be another parotid gland infection or possibly mumps? I am slightly anxious as I am going in for an operation on Monday and mumps is the last thing I want. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012