Swollen & painful head

I just hit my head with a sharp pointed edge of the vehicle when stepping down from the car. it caused little pain initially. but the area (head part-under the hair area) is a bit swollen (not bleeding ) and everytime when I press it or touch it - the pain (although less ) is felt. it has been 2nd day today. Is it an issue ?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Apr 2011
Hi,thanks for query.When ever there is an insult in form injury to the body,the body reacts by way of increased blood flow to the part and this leads to swelling due to release of some chemical.This also leads to pain,this is a normal reaction,do not worry,take analgesic for pain and to reduce swelling.You can apply ice pack over the area.
wishing you good health.
welcome to healthcare forum
Nothing serious. You can apply ice over that area and take any antiinflmatory and analgesic tabs with antacid.
wish you for your rapid recovery