Swollen, painful eyelid. Punched in eye. Antibiotics? Do I need to see a doctor?

I think i have some kind of pimple or swelling right above my became sore two days ago and has gotten more swollen and painfull and my eyelid is swelling now... it just also happens i was punch in this eye 3 weeks ago but that swelling had totally gone away before I had notcied this pain two days ago...please help? antibiotics? do I need to see a doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
Thank you for your question.
I think the punch in the eye you received is not necessarily the cause of the redness and swelling unless a small cut occurred which you were unaware of. Because is seems to be getting worse and the swelling is spreading, I would recommend you visit your doctor who can examine your face and eye in detail.
There may be an infection that needs antibiotics.
I hope this has helped you.
Best regards.