Swollen painful area under ear, high temperature, had cold symptoms, no sore throat. Given tylenol. Had an MRI. Suggest

My 16 year old daughter has a swollen painful area under her ear area with temperature of 102.1. Had cold symptoms last week, currently no sore throat and no cold symptoms. Just gave her two tylenol and ice pack on forehead. Onset of symptoms began last night with slight fever but she felt better up until around 6:45 pm tonight. I am waiting for another hour to see if fever is reduced. Two years ago I took her to emergency room for similar symptoms and it resulted in a 3,000 dollar bill as they ordered an MRI. Can these symptoms wait until a doctor's visit tomorrow?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013