Swollen painful ankles after a fall. Need treatment for a speedy recovery

Hi there, My name is Lyn and I am 51. I had a fall last night, I missed two steps and went over on my ankles. I had pain immediately after the fall. Within a few hours the pain was so intense I couldn t sleep. Both ankles have swollen considerably with bruising. Swelling is very bad on the outside of the ankle and is spreading around the whole foot . I can walk around, but it is very painful. Have taken pain relief, been resting with my foot elevated, tried ice packs and have bandaged. I can move my toes ok. What is the best thing to do for a speedy recovery?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012