Swollen, painful and tender gum behind last molar. Sore throat. Recommendations?

Hi. Yesterday i began to feel that my lower right gum behind my last molar (where my wisdom tooth would be, but i had them removed 10 years ago) began to feel swollen and tender. If i opened my mouth wide, or squeeze my mouth shut tightly it hurts more, and when i chew on that side. It was smaller at first but grew and is now big enough that i can feel it against my tongue and upper gum. Nothing specific happened to it and it came very suddenly over the course of the night. I am in good health over all, brush regularly, have had very few dental problems in my life. I also have a sore thought at the moment but i dont know if that is connected at all. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013