Swollen nutsack, swollen area below the belly. Suggestion?

Hi , my grandsons left nutsack seem to swell up.The swelling comes and goes. I have noticed a little bit of swelling below the belly area too. It really worries me. He doesn t seem to have no pain. Because he doesn t cry.He is about 15 Month old. Is it something we should worry about. I know it is not normal . My daughter says she only noticed it after she gives him a bath, but I know that s not it, because when you change him it still swells up. She has taken him to a doctor and they haven t really told her anything, I know it s not normal. What should I do and what should I watch for so it doesn t get worse.
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

I would ask you to get his genitals examined in detail by a pediatric surgeon as some of the congenital conditions can present this way.

A condition called Hydrocele is very common in babies appearing since birth and there may be a surgery needed to treat such conditions.More delayed more complicate it can get.

Wish you good health.