Swollen nasal bridge post a hard hit, used ice pack, no improvement. Quick remedy?

hey i got hit in the nose at muay thai the other day and the bridge of my nose is swollen up... i was wondering if ice is the only way i can get the swelling down??? i doubt that is is broken but i have my first am fight coming up and i would like the swelling to go down as fast as possible so i can breath through my nose for the figth
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
Apply ice pack on swelling intermittently and this will help to decrease swelling and pain.
You can take medication like ibuprofen for pain relief with food.
Fracture has to be ruled out by going for investigation with X ray of nose bones.
Therefore I suggest you to consult an ENT surgeon for further advice.
Hope I have answered your query.