Swollen mouth and face, red marks on body, given prednisone, blood test done, vitamin D deficiency. Suggestion?

Early February I woke up with a swollen mouth and face. I had several red marks about the body. I went to emergency and they said I most likely had food poisoning and gave me 2 shots for swelling. Gave me predisone for three days. Now I continue to redden about the ankles, knees, elbows, spine and swelling of lips and eyes daily. I had a blood test done, urine and bone density . My doctor tells me I have a deficiency of vitamin D . However, I am concerned about these red blotches about my joints and spinal cord . Any suggestions. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012