Swollen lymph nodes on the neck, pus in the throat. Cause? Had fever and cough

my right lymph nodes above my neck are swollen not to bad but the last time i went to the doctor which was two weeks ago he said it was okay it would go away on its own because i had just got off a cough . this past week i got sick with a fever cough and sore body. today i just noticed pus in the back of my throat...white not yellow i burst them with a needle i distilled in alcohol but they didn t popped the pus just came off it was solid. what could it be?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013