Swollen lymph nodes, lump behind ears caused due to allergies. Itchy, tenderness in scalp. Take penicillin to fight infection?

my lymph nodes have been swollen for quite some time now. i figured it was because of my allergies that i have badly. about 4 days ago i noticed a lump/knot on the back of my head and behind my ears. is this caused by a sinus infection from my allergies or from sonething else. also my scalp has been very itchy and tender to the touch at times. i also notice that i have lost some hair at the top center of my head. will penicillin help fight this infection off
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012