Swollen lymph nodes in neck, normal blood work, painful, difficulty swallowing

I ve had some swollen lymph nodes in my neck for some time now. I ve been back and forth with an ENT -- my bloodwork came back normal, and he decided after viewing the results of a recent ultrasound that the size was not alarming. Today, I woke up with a very very swollen lymph node that appears to be over 1 inch in diameter and it is causing me a lot of pain and some difficulty swallowing . I am debating going to the emergency room.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012